Here are some current statistics which prove “traditional” advertising is still highly effective and, even evolving. Mediums like radio, billboards or television which deliver traditional advertising should be part of your strategic marketing plan and integrated into your digital marketing campaigns.
- Adblocker Plus, the world’s most popular ad blocking app, is used by more than 300 million people with 50+ million of active users per month. This means people are seeing fewer and fewer digital or social media ads.1
- Fifty-eight percent of drivers say that they have learned something of interest from a billboard–like places to eat and an upcoming event.2
- Fifty-six percent of billboard viewers shared something humorous with they shared with others.2
- Forty-four percent saw billboard messages reminding them to listen to a particular radio station.2 (Advice: These radio stations are also where you should be advertising.)
- A recent study found that 38% of smart speaker owners use Alexa and Echo to tune into AM/FM music using them.3
- According to a 2018 Nielsen report, 93% of U.S. adults 18 and older listen to radio every week—more than those watching television or using a smartphone, TV connected device, tablet or PC.4
- According to the most recent Nielsen Total Audience Report, more than two-thirds of U.S. homes have access to a subscription video on-demand (SVOD) service meaning people have increased content choice and “channel” options.5
- There is a growing number of households with over-the-air (OTA) TV with 16 million OTA homes in the U.S. as of 2018. That is almost a 50% increase since 2010. OTA TV is the programming all households have access to even without cable or satellite programming subscriptions.6
- Local TV ad sales were grew +11% (-4% when stripping out political spend) in 2018.7
- Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising sales grew by +3.4% to $7.4 billion in 2018.7
There are a lot of exciting trends that make traditional advertising channels like radio, TV, and billboards great opportunities to get your promotional messages in front of your audience. It’s never old fashioned to have top-of-mind brand awareness when your next customer needs your product or service. Contact us to learn more about these and other insights to support your media buying decisions. We’ll negotiate the best runs and rates to optimize your investment.